JOB TITLE: Customer Service Associate
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Manager
Summary: Sandream Impact, an established Personal Care &Cosmetics ingredient supplier, is seeking a Customer Service Associate. The role is based in our Fairfield, NJ facility and consists of handling incoming calls, emails, purchase orders, and inquiries from our customers.
- Respond to customer and distributor phone calls and e-mails related to sample requests, information requests, orders and pricing.
- Review orders received for accuracy and completeness, confirm and/or correct customer orders prior to entering into system.
- Use ERP system (e.g. Netsuite) to create Sales Orders, Work Orders and support accurate processing of domestic customer Purchase Orders, pricing and invoicing.
- Enter orders, track shipments, and communicate with customers and vendors.
- Collaborate with customers, freight forwarders, agents, sales, supply chain and internal team.
- Comply with all company, departmental and applicable quality system requirements, procedures and policies.
- Work with Sr Manager Customer Service to manage short supply situations, backorders and manual allocations as required.
- Notify Sr Manager of Customer Service for special order procurement needs.
- Input and manage orders for exceptional products requiring special handling.
- Ensure that all potentially serious issues are raised to the Sr Manager Customer Service and other relevant commercial team members.
- Resolve service inquiries to the satisfaction of the customer within established company guidelines.
- Coordinate shipping timelines with warehouse and shipping team.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- High attention to detail, being able to prioritize tasks to ensure proper workflow
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and solution-oriented
- Cross-collaborate with team members
- Thrive in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Effectively handle customer complaints and show empathy
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- ERP system and Microsoft office experience required
- Proven timely and accurate processing and invoicing of domestic and international orders
Required Education and Experience
- 1-2 years experience using an ERP system (Oracle NetSuite a plus)
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required; Associate or College degree preferred
- 1-2 years of customer service experience
- 2+ years working regularly with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Apply on Indeed: (will provide link once posted)
or please send resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org