JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager NorthEast, Personal Care & Cosmetics
EMPLOYER: Sandream Impact LLC
REPORTS TO: Vice President
JOB TYPE: Full time
SUMMARY: Sandream Impact, an established Personal Care & Cosmetics ingredient supplier, is currently seeking a Business Development Manager. The person will educate clients about Sandream’s products and services in order to increase sales. He/she will develop relationships and increase sales by contacting potential and existing customers. This position is responsible for achieving revenue, volume and margin targets within their given territory. The Business Development Manager will focus on acquiring, penetrating, managing and retaining customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and generates business at new and existing accounts.
- Develops customer relations including but not limited to sales leads, research, cold calling, qualifying leads, developing leads, and customer service.
- Maintains and develops client relations for new and existing customers, assuring all existing customers are contacted regularly to ensure customer satisfaction and develop need-based marketing relations.
- Develops sales documentation including but not limited to spreadsheets, correspondence, RFQs, presentations, and internal paperwork for new customer proposals and meetings.
- Develops and implements a sales action plan with objectives and strategies to increase revenue, aggressively acquire new customers, and grow existing accounts.
- Seeks/creates opportunities to expand business with current clients; identifies further business needs and develops and presents solutions.
- Attends conventions, conferences, and trade shows as needed; prepares post-event reports and analyses.
- Territory Planning: Understands current accounts, prospects, competitors, and suppliers.
- Reporting: Utilizes an account plan to list organizations’ profiles, projects, action plans, and project pipeline management
- Track trends of the market; gather intelligence concerning customers and report on competitive activity.
- Develop strong relationships with key-decision makers and influencers throughout customers’ organizations (research & development, purchasing, operations and senior management).
- Consistent follow-up on customer projects, samples, requests, etc.
- Communication with customers and internal organization regarding pricing, product availability, forecasting and sample status.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, chemistry, biology or related fields; MBA a plus.
- 5+ years industry experience in sales or business development.
- Experience with pigments and active ingredients in Cosmetics & Personal Care preferred.
- Existing relationships within Cosmetics & Personal Care customers required.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, written, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify issues and opportunities, develop solutions, make recommendations and execute/manage implementation.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Demonstrated ability to work from home/remotely as needed.
- Overnight travel and attending industry trade shows required.
- Excellent PC / Computer skills is required (MS Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Oral Communication–Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Business Acumen–Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Strategic Thinking–Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Motivation–Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing–Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Incentive plan
- Paid time off
Apply on Indeed: (will provide link once posted)
or please send resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org